This is the original roof window from VELUX, the combination of centre-pivot mechanism and control bar allow for either background ventilation through the vent flap or complete opening of the window.
- A short pull on the top control bar allows filtered background ventilation even while the window remains shut.
- A second pull on the control bar allows the window to rotate for maximum ventilation – and up to 180° for cleaning the outer pane from inside the room.
The centre pivot roof window is best positioned where the top of the window can be reached by hand. This is the perfect window for attics and loft spaces where the ceiling is low and raked directly below the line of the roof.
Alternatives for out of reach situations
This can be a difficult window to operate if the ceiling is too high above the floor to reach by hand. Top hinged roof windows are easy to open when out of reach. Accordingly, please consider either the manual opening skylight which can be operated with a control rod, or for maximum ease the solar opening skylight.
Other Roof Window Features
- White pre-painted sash & frame.
- Complete with outer aluminium cappings.
- VELUX EDW flashing available for tile roofs.
- For metal roofs consult with your installer and consider a custom solution.
- Choice of 5 sizes: 550×780, 550×980, 780×980, 780×1400, 1140×1180.
- Sizes are not rotatable, quoted as width x height.
- High Performance double glazing as standard, with NEAT™ outer coating, reduces cleaning frequency.
- Optional Insect screen available. Have all your meals with your family in comfort. Enjoy a peaceful night sleep. All without the unwelcome presence of insects.
Data Sheets & other Documents
VELUX Product data sheets, fitting instructions and other documents available.